Bonito you can catch just about anywhere. My best catch in the Drake was a blackfin tuna off Beef Island that I seared with a sesame crust. Most recent catches include a 38" king mackeral about 5 miles north of Jost (not surprisingly near Kingfish Bank). Got a double mahi hookup headed north to Anegada - about 3 miles north of VG. Got a mahi 2 miles south of Ram Head, St John (about 1.5 miles north of the dropoff). Got another mahi within a half mile of Savana Island (west end of St Thomas) on a flat calm day just after a rain squall passed through. Mahi's were all about 40".

For everyone of these eating fish there have been a least a dozen bonito and 2-3 barracuda. With all the sargasso the past few years I spend a lot of time cleaning the hooks every 5-10 minutes which quickly gets old. I don't go out of my way to fish, but I prefer to do alot of sailing so most anytime I'm outside the Drake I drag lines.

I'm bringing 2 trolling leads and also a No. 6 planar in 2 weeks to get 3 lines below the sargasso and hopefully get a tuna or wahoo.

Not in the the BVIs, but a few yars ago I caught a ~50 lb sailfish midways between Anguilla and VG that we released.

Best catch ever was during a sail from Annapolis to St Thomas. The first morning in the Gulf Stream we had a simultaneous triple hookup of 25~30 lb yellowfin tuna that we landed, and ate sushi and seared tuna every day for the next week.