Someone on another thread mentioned O'Plongiour in Marigot and said it was good, plus Barranco in GC was also mentioned...... started to reply but seemed a new thread was better...

My favs...for medium to high end

La Cigale.....Foie Gras bisque avec a few glasses of Sauterne
Tropicana.....Everything, but Souffle incredible. (probably one of the best Restaurants in the Caribbean and excellent value for money.)
L'Auberge Gourmand......Dover Sole and when they have it Mille-Feuille. Truly a great restaurant and the owner will do what you like with notice. (Rare these days)

Never tried O'Plongeoir, menu just seemed inferior to Tropicana, must give it a go as well as Barranco....

Bistro Caraibes, Le Cottage and La Villa, all good. La Pressoir, re-opened, might give it another go, but last two times very noisy due to bikers in the car park.

Mario's, didn't think was up to the standard of the above. La Santal(destroyed apparently) was a true gem..anyone ever eaten there?

Moulin Fou, Will try again if time allows..was for me 6.5 out of 10.

Escape..Maho. Never went before Irma, now re-opened, getting good reviews..will possibly try

Finally for those who love Indian food. In Philipsburg off Front Street, literally a hole in the wall on the left hand side....authentic and really delicious. Nobody ever in there, but made by the owner chef himself, when it comes out..be prepared for a spice party. beautifully flavored. Called Anand. Oh and hoot outside and you can park in their driveway..its difficult to find though.

What have I left out or missed? looking purely for french..no italian or mexican etc..