Originally Posted by SammyM
Sounds like you may have stayed at Mont Vernon? Just a guess. Curious about how you visited the island with no luggage. Did you simply make sure all your toiletries were 3 ounces or less, or just buy everything once you reached St. Martin? In the past when Club O. was alive an well you certainly didn't need to pack much (if any) clothing if you chose to stay on the grounds, but you can't dine at the places you mentioned without clothing on (especially Bistrot Caribes!). I'd love to be able to forego baggage fees with the airlines, but that never happens to us. Are there any tips you can share?

We travel 2 people with a carry on each, for 2 weeks. Also a large pocket-book type bag as my pocketbook personal item allowed by airline, filled to the brim with items, and hubby takes a camera bag for electronics as his personal item. I pack all thin material, no iron clothes for me and use plastic bags that you roll out the air. Bring one pair sandals, one beach shoes each and we ware sneakers on plane, only one bathing suit and cover each, 3 pairs underwear and use the plan: one wear, one washed, one drying after hand washing. The third pair is incase the washed out didn't dry in timely fashion. Pack minimum in the 3 ounce bag for TSA then buy on island. I think that's about it.

Our clothes consist of 4 pairs shorts, 3 slacks (2 slacks for hubby since he has one pair of shorts he refuses to give up if not in bathing suit) and the slacks he wears on plane.. 5 tops. Hubby takes those underarmor things that wick away and dry in an instant---no cotton which is heavy and take too long to dry. He packs one button down shirt for dinner at a nice place such as Mario's. As to dressy stuff I figure at home we dress for the day and those clothes stay on for at least 8 hours so what we bring to SXM covers 2 four hour dinners.

When we stayed at DIVI there was a laundry room so I packed and did laundry once per week but not every place has laundry.