Regarding Mullet, it is what it is and I get the cruise ship guests have to go somewhere. I’m sure the crowds yesterday had much to do with the fear of possible traffic disruptions on the French side and we were told if we waited until 12:30 the majority of the people would be gone. It hadn’t lessened by 1:30 and since there was no easy water access because of both the high sand wall - thanks to the sea conditions and Mother Nature - and the way the chairs and umbrellas were set up chair to chair, it just wasn’t pleasant for me. Other beaches offer these same services to visitors but we’ve just never experienced it there to such a degree before and most of the beaches we frequent set up chairs with a little space around them. And we are used to as many as three water excursion trips coming in at a time but five large cats and the smaller boats, too, was just too much for me. I guess I’m still living in the past.........

One thing I did notice and appreciate was the way the excursion operators cleaned up after themselves. In the past we’ve seen a few of them leave soda cans, beer bottles and plastic cups right at waters edge where they set their coolers in the sand. The crew from Golden Eagle was right in front of us and bagged and hauled their trash right back to their dink along with their cooler and other gear. More environmental awareness is good to see ............

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."