I will second Beerman's recommendation of Hotel Baia in Monterosso - we stayed there this past September & loved it. We did Airbnb in Rome at 2 different places & Florence -all were fantastic. If you are interested in a tour of the wineries in Tuscany, I can recommend Tuscany Wine Tours with Angie, https://www.angelapersonaltuscantour.com/ - our original plan was to rent a car & do a wine tour on our own, but had second thoughts about drinking & driving. We flew from Austin-Dallas-Rome & then took trains to Florence, Cinque Terra & back to Rome (hence 2 different Airbnb's in Rome to catch our flight to Poland. We were a little hesitant to take the trains, as we knew no Italian, but had absolutely no problems. Made all our train reservations before we ever left home. We also bought our tickets for the Colosseum, Roman Forum & the David statue before leaving home. Please feel free to message us if you would like to ask any specific questions. The Rick Steves travel books are a wonderful help - we use those to travel quite a bit throughout Europe.

Gotta Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart...(J.B.)