I am so thrilled that we do not own at either of these resorts. This letter, as i read it, is total [censored]. How come the Sonesta Maho and Ocean Point were able to come back so fast while these two resorts can't?? The answer is easy....the owners there brought in 300 workers from China, and they worked on the project twenty four hours a day..in shifts. They also had to design, order furniture, and get supplies to the island. Last December there was only a concrete shell remaining...but they managed to get the job open, although not total completed yet, it wascompleted in time to welcome plenty of guests. If Diamond wasn't so damn cheap, I am sure they could've paid more and bring in workers, supplies, and whatever else was needed....but obviously they choose to go the ''cheaper'' route....in spite of what their owners may think. We drove by Royal Palm almost every day during our trip....and even though we didn't purposely look, never saw any advancement on anything while we there for three weeks. People have reported, more than once or twice, whenever they have gone to the building sites, they have seen no workers. I guess when you don't pay for it...workers just don't show up. Maybe Diamond resorts should take a page out of every other resort that has opened up after Irma....but no....they only choose to use the Westin Dawn Beach, as an example, and not all the other resorts such as Sonesta, Royal Islander, Divi, Belair, BSV, El Zaffiro, and the countless other resorts that had the same problems....but were able to fix them in a much quicker manner. If i were an owner at either of the Diamond resorts...i would be screaming!!! Maybe Diamond should take another page out of other timeshares such as LaPlage and LaTerrace, for NOT CHARGING ANY MAINTENANCE FEES FOR THE TIME THEY WERE CLOSED!!!!! ALSO, THERE WAS NO ASSESMENT LEVIED TO THE OWNERS HERE DURING THE TIME OF CLOSURE. Instead, the tout that they charged the owners of one of the resorts a ''reduced fee" during this closure. i call TOTAL [censored] for this one!!! I feel for each and every owner of these two timeshares, for the crap that Diamond is putting them through. Also feel for the countless businesses owners who rely on tourism to make their livings, and having these two HUGE resorts closed is making them lose a ton of money also. Seems like the only thing that Diamond cares about is themselves...and the hell with anyone else. A lousy way to do business. My two cents.