I think it’s very possible there is more to the story, much of which may never be known. After reading most everything I could find on the subject , and focusing just on legitimate news sources ( not the social media campaigns) my impression is this: There is much in the defendants story that doesnt make sense. The action taken doesn’t seem to mesh with the alleged demand for valuables at knifepoint. Especially with family members in the room. Wouldn’t most folks hand over whatever was being demanded , then take action when the intruder has left ? Safety first, then get assistance from hotel staff and law enforcement. There are many possibilities, but the strangulation seems like an act of rage more than anything. The hotel worker may have been in possession of a knife ( he was a maintenance man after all, and might use such a tool from time to time) but might have used it as a frantic attempt to save himself being strangled to death. That it was broad daylight and the hotel worker was on the job and possibly known to the defendant makes it even more unusual. The robber would have little chance of not being caught. Many things are possible, but I understand the Anguillians skepticism at the story, and in their government.

Formerly " Parrotfish" approx join date .. sometime in 2001
SXM lover since 1999...