We also have fond memories of Cane Garden Bay.

First time there was 1983, The last was May, before Irma.

Stanleys Welcome Restaurant was our first watering hole, along with some fun on that swing out front.

I still have a photo of our sailing club friends and us, all sitting at stanleys , with drinks in our hands. I see that photo every day hanging on our one of our walls.

Also, going to Caldwells distillery for some of that, home distilled Rum .

One other year, we went for an early morning walk, and came back to find the RED STRIPE BEER was putting on a promotion and Bob Marley music festival. We started the party
with them before they were actually open .

another time, we were in our small , wee , dinghy, and the group from one of our other boats, did a 180, and made a very fast close pass. Large wake flowed over our
low freeboard 4 person dink, , and filled the dink with Cane Carden Bay salt water, the dink capsized. I shut the outboard down, as we started to roll over. No prop problem or anyone hurt,
but Erica's new super camera went into the water. I grabbed it, but it was too late. Electronic camera was history. Well, time for a couple of rums.

Last trip, before Irma, we tried to moor at Jost Van Dyke, but the NE winds , clocked around to south of NE, and all of Josts harbors were open to the sea and the strong winds.
Sailed over to Cane Garden Bay, the wind was howling as we entered the pass, but Cane Garden Bay, closer into shore was in the lee of the mountain ( hill ) and totally
calm. Went to Myettes , and they were kicked back, as the last of the ferry crowds had ended the previous day or so. . Had a great time talking story with the bartender and staff.

Just some wonderful special thoughts of a few or our sailing visits to Cane Garden.

Special place.