I have done 3 Kelly tours and will do the 4th a week from today with 16 people on 2 boats with Kelly. The quality of the tours (which have all been good) has mainly weather and current related but some of the best snorkeling ever and the flamingos are incredible in flight for someone from Washington DC who only sees pigeons in flight.

I am in the Kelly camp and have a good relationship with him personally...others will chime in from the Sherwin camp. I have heard good things about Sherwin as well. Kelly is more well known so has more reviews (a little like Moorings). It truly is a great time and is definitely something that you should do..

I would skip the land tour...do it yourself (if at all) but if the flamingos arent on the ocean you will see them from the taxi to Loblolly at the overlook albeit from far away.

Never heard about snorkeling at Cow Wreck and we are definitely going to try FOB next week for the first time based upon this Forums recommendation. The day after the Kelly trip we plan to snorkel Flash of Beauty, lunch at Big Bamboo, and then end up at Cow Wreck.

I strongly suggest bringing noodles from Moorings base for the snorkel trip with whomever you go for every person. It makes it a lot easier as you can literally snorkel for hours out there. you will bring these and your gear on the boat as gear isnt provided.

I wouldn't consider doing the dinghy by yourself (or at any time) although 2 times ago we saw a dinghy out at the Conch Island. Last time we actually saw 2 Moorings power cats anchored in the Horsehoe reef area which is redlined.

Your kids will definitely enjoy this activity

All IMHO