We spent two weeks on Anguilla and loved it. Maybe 50% of the restaurants in road bay are up and running. The Italian one is really good. Most Things on the island are back to normal. The only rub is the cost to stay overnight anywhere except road bay. For a Lagoon 450 cat the cost was $120 a day and an overnight was 2 days worth. We stayed in road bay and rented a car and took the water shuttle out to sandy and prickly pear island.

We also just spent two weeks in st Martin anchored mainly in the harbor at Marigot. Marigot was hard hit by the hurricane and probably less than 25-30% of restaurants and stores are open. A couple of the big grocery stores are well stocked and the big carrefore store by the lagoon causeway is about to open. We spent a couple of days at grand case and again a lot of damage but enough open to make do. Drove to orient bay and lot of the hotels not open but the beach and a number of bar and chairs rentals are running. Simpson Bay Area looks to be in good shape. Saw only one sailboat anchored in Philipsburg. The channels in the lagoon are cleared but still some sunken boat and the water quality looked bad. I would not go into the lagoon. I had never been there before and I bet it looked really nice but not so much now. Dutch side has recovered faster than the French side.

We’re in st Barth’s right now but that was covered above. Heading to Saba after the weekend.

Dennis
S/V Toes in the Water
Lagoon 450