Using a VPN to evade geographic restrictions is a cat and mouse game. The content providers license their product based on geographic areas. The services which content end users subscribe to, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, are required to only deliver the product to the the area where they have a license. VPNs provide a way around this, allowing end users to pretend to be in their licensed area. Services which end users subscribe to are the cat in this case, and the end users who are using a VPN are the mouse. The cats are required to make a legitimate attempt to stop the mice from using a VPN to access the service outside the licensed geographic area, so they look for and block the IP addresses used by the VPNs. The VPNs routinely change their IP addresses to keep the cats from blocking them, and so that the mice can play, and then the cats detect the new IP addresses, and the cycle repeats.

Using a VPN may work most of them time, and may even work all of the time if the VPN is diligent in staying ahead of the cats. It may not work some of the time, or even most of the time, if the cats are diligent in chasing the VPNs,

I use NordVPN, but my concern is security and anonymity. I don't care about watching TV when I'm in the islands. If I did, NordVPN allows me to select several different US cities to try, which might keep me ahead of the cats. Or not, depends on the cats.

For the people who pay attention to legalities, you're probably violating your user agreement is you use a VPN to access content from outside of your geographic area.

For people who travel outside of their geographic areas a lot, or who just spend a lot of time on the road and want to record and watch their favorite content from wherever they are, look at Slingbox.