Getting a chef in tonight Carol and he will make my wife either pumpkin, cauliflower or creamy pea soup and a few Vegs like potato gratin and ratatouille. For Moi, the little cochon that I am, escargot in puff pastry with lobster bisque sauce, followed by Lobster Thermidor plus all the trimmings and desert undecided between yet another soufflé or Mille-Feuille.

Beach Kitten... Jacques won’t make wife a soup so at Blanchard’s where we first went when they opened in 94 for our first night but can’t make up my mind between Sharkies E’s Oven and a few others, can go off board with this if you have some suggestions. Will give a report later as Carol requested but not on this board. Also “White Privilege?” Are you referring to the Anguillians resenting non whites? In the early days of the late 70’s and in many Caribbean places we visited, noticed what can only be discovered as rudeness plus very awkward service even to experience people spitting at us in St Lucia but put it down to several aspects, some has changed some still(particularly in the service industry) hasn’t but usually the locals come out of their shell with good manners and a genuine interest in their well being. We are actually going to see someone who looked after us in Anguilla several times in different hotels and haven’t seen her for 35 years. She married the local Vicar but divorced him and has a few god fearing stories to tell us........