Eric--I would say that, from a price standpoint, May would probably be a better choice, as many places go down in price sometime in April.

When you say a 'villa', does that mean a standalone villa? And what is your budget? There are a LOT of condos in SXM that provide your own living space, but not technically a stand alone villa, per se. Are you looking for something with ultimate privacy and your own private pool? If you don't need a total private stand alone villa, Beachside Villas sounds perfect for you. It is RIGHT on Simpson Bay Beach, and a great value, for what you get, directly on what I think is the BEST beach on SXM. Or, if you want a totally private villa, we just completed an amazing stay at Villa Canoua, amazing views out toward Anguilla, walking distance to Happy Bay, and an easy drive to Orient Beach or Friars Bay. Canoua has a better internet connection, as far as speed, but Beachside internet is very reliable. Canoua is obviously a lot more expensive, but it depends on what you want. Both are TTOL sponsors. Click on the TTOL sponsors list, for links to both of their websites. Both have a/c in the living room and bedroom.

I have not had time to do a proper trip report from Canoua, or a review of the villa itself, as we just returned yesterday, but would be happy to answer any questions about it. I have stayed at Beachside Villas MANY times and I think it provides the ultimate in a comfortable home on island, for off season prices that are much less than a private villa.

Carol Hill