May 25........Nanny Cay to Norman, and entertainment provided by us at the Caves.

The log of Vibeke.......

Beginning our second week into our BVI sailing vacation, we have been having a grand time at all of our many destinations. Life is good. People ans Sailing have been fabulous.

Nanny Cay to the Bight at Norman island ...good winds, great weather and lazy sailing, we are headed across the SFD channel to Norman Is. ( Sometimes known as Treasure Island where
pirates burried their plunder and booty. There are wonderful names for some of the places there, like Treasure Point, and Privateer Bay .)

There is one restaurant company ashore, of course it is named Pirates, and the Club ( same owner ) is next door a few feet away. Very nice dinghy docks for when going ashore.

Around Privateer Point there is a nice snorkeling area known as the Caves that we dinked to and secured our dink painter to the small buoyed string line . Before heading over,
I thought we might need some assistance getting back into the dinghy after snorkeling due to the very high freeboard of the dink tubes. . Maybe two feet for the inflated tubes. So, along with our
mask, snorkels, and fins, I also tossed our very long dock line into the dink to rig a rope ladder if necessary.

This is going to get good, But as the old sailing term goes.... ATTITUDE, the difference between an ordeal and an adventure .

That idea of the long dock line for a rope ladder was good, but when we finished snorkeling the Caves, the long loop that I had left over the side was rather deep in the water, and
when putting our feet into the loop, one person at a time, our legs would swoop under the dink and we could not get a purchase to pull ourselves back on board.
We could not get our legs, feet, ankles or bodies up and over the side. Were we looking good, or what ! Kick, pull, fall, splash, cuss. Impressive !

Try as we might, it was failure after failure. We just could not pull ourselves up to get back in. Never had a problem with that before, but this was a high fat momma beast of bloody dinghy.

Erica finally decides to swim around to the other side of the dink. I toss her the bitter end of the long dink line. She is pulling from her side, and I am reaching up and over the tube trying to help
haul her in from my end of the dock line. At the same time, I make up a shorter loop higher up on my genius rope ladder . Erica manages to wrap one of her long fantastic legs over the
tube on her side, and struggles on board.

Well , she grabs my arm, and I have one foot in that shorter loop. She is pulling on my arm, I am pushing with my leg, and I am foundering over the tube, and falling unceremoniosly , thunk, splat, flat, on my back onto
the floor of the dinghy, with my legs, arms, and fists pointed to the sky in VICTORY ! Touchdown !

Fact is we could have been great entertainment for the Caves and Privateer Bay, but we looked around and not one person was paying a bit of attention to our ridiculous show of fighting for our lives.

All was well, we were laughing, as we dinked back to Vibeke for a well earned mid day rum. The rest of our snorkeling this trip, was done off the swim step of Viibeke, and we used the stern swim
ladder to re- board and then enjoyed a fresh water wash down showers on the stern.

Tomorrow, things are going to get energized...big time.

For those who were down in the BVI, you all know what was happening on Sunday the 26th of May.