Talking about expectations. Had my worst meal last night. Wanted to go nearby so just down the road into Cupecoy went to Altros that tries to blend French with Italian $26.00 3 course. Tuna carpaccio followed by Duck Shepard’s pie which was simply horrible and pavlova which consisted of a few pieces of fruit and one tiny cube of meringue. Tiny glass of champagne, bottle of water$7.00 and my wife said her hummus and chick peas was inedible, I tasted it and agreed.
$66.00 including service. So then you could say what do you expect for that price? A lot more than that. A huge disappointment.
Mind you, haven’t done too well in that area over the years. Rendevous or something named similar attached to their hotel is very slow and had a breakfast there once that took forever and did not have a good meal at Mario’s. There is a new bar called Steviez sitting on the water with a huge outdoor screen for viewing sports and films and Mama’s that does Pizza and casual that was busy with families. Charming area though and has a European feel. But Altros was truly bad.