The beach condition in this respect is usually left firmly in the hands of Mother Nature. The leveling and/or importing of extra sand might solve the immediate problem but i’m Thinking, and not from any particular source of knowledge or specific info, it might create other problems down the road. Sometimes it just doesn’t pay to mess with MN. She will often retaliate in ways we don’t even want to contemplate. I would guess, from an ecological viewpoint it’s best to let nature run its course. Just a guess......

My personal thought is it is what it is. We experienced that five foot drop last trip and, being as short as I am, I never did get into the water there. We ultimately left and went to another beach. As much as I love (and have always loved....) Mullet Bay Beach, my personal island favorite, between the height of the sand cliff and the huge numbers of chairs and umbrellas in such very close proximity to each other, not to mention the three big boats that came in while we were there, we decided to move on to a beach more to our liking.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."