Mike,

Being a kid at that resort back in that time frame had to leave you with an incredible set of memories. We were young adults - mid twenty something’s - the first time we visited but we didn’t bring our girls until the early 80s and oh boy, do they have good memories of the place.

Some of the stories I’m hearing now that never came out back then are enough to make my straight hair curl but it was all good in the end. The girls were the ones who introduced us to the natural diving pool just off the honeymoon walk and back and into the coral formations there. They met some local kids who showed it to them and they shared it with us. My heart was in my throat just watching them but they loved it and we would never have known of it’s existence were it not for the kids. The resort (and probably most of the island back then....) didn’t have TVs yet but there was never any chance of them being bored as there was always some form of local entertainment/activity for them to jump into.

And I do remember those crab races. My crab never won but it was still fun and the girls loved the Sunday night island buffets with the pan music and all.

But today it’s all just memories with an occasional concrete piling or piece of a foundation working its way to the surface.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."