When it comes to timeshares over the years I've heard some positive stories from owners and a lot of negative.
I find a lot of times the management companies are remiss in proper upkeep of properties while at the same time quite diligent when it comes to fee collections.
Over the years we have stayed at the Sapphire, Ocean Club, Westin, Towers, Divi, Marys Boon, one opposite Sonesta Maho.
Of these I found only the Ocean Club and the Towers well kept as well kept as well as clean.
In others problems ranged from leaky pipes, faulty appliances, to cockroaches, dust and grime.

So definitely management companies need to do better.

Also the government of sxm needs to introduce some legislation to protect timeshare owners.
One of the worst horror stories I know of is where owners sold all units..then property had financial issues so in order to loose creditors and increase revenue ..owner did sale to his friend.. in no time original owners "bought back" property.
All the time share owners of course lost their rights and who cares no one, now supposedly they are given crumbs maybe a discount on bookings after ..maybe discount on inflated rate.

Be the person your dog thinks you are 💫