Hi - long time reader of this forum, but new member. My wife and I have been going to St. Martin since '86 but i never fail to learn something new from the members of this forum and hope to contribute in the future. A long overdue Thank You. But i am hoping some of you can shed some light on 'leases'. We have stayed in condos numerous times,for several weeks at a time, usually on the French side (usually near Orient), but honestly I cannot remember having to sign a formal lease agreement when staying in these places especially when renting through an agent or a website like VRBO. For our upcoming stay in October, booked through VRBO, we are being asked to sign a lease by the Owners (not VRBO) with numerous legal phrases for our 10 day stay, not to mention providing a $500 security deposit (not mentioned on the VRBO website) Do any of you have experience with signing leases of this kind when staying in a unit for a week or two? I am just a little apprehensive about this but would welcome any feedback/advise. I have the option to cancel at this point and seek another unit. Thanks in advance.