I'm sorry that your friends feel that they did not get the correct information, but I have chartered from Brent for many years and his contracts always say:

THE YACHT is limited to the waters of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) and the United States Virgin Islands (USVI) excluding all Red Areas on the chart provided by CC, Anegada, White Bay JVD, and St. Croix.

Either your friends don't know how to read, didn't look at the provided chart, or tried to pull a fast one and got caught. Oh well, it looks like everyone is happier that he won't charter to them again, if they want to go to White Bay they should find a company that will let them. I would have liked to see them run aground and then try to fight it and see how far they got.

IMHO, Brent's boats are cheaper than most because he doesn't allow charterers to do things that may cause damage, and White Bay traditionally has been one of those places. He will allow Anegada if you have been there before, have good waypoints and Walker's approach chart, and the weather is good, and whether he feels you have the skill - it's all up to him, and he has the final say.

White Bay has been red-lined by other charter companies in the past, but I have no recent knowledge if other companies still red-line it or not.