PrarieGirl ... (love that name) ... We have flown Jet Blue many, many times here in the states and they are our airline of choice for a number of reasons. Like Carol mentioned Blue Plus adds a checked bag to your reservation but it's smart to watch the price for this upgrade. Sometimes it's low like $23 USD, but other times it's a bit high and not worth it if you can forego the luggage. Jet Blue also has seats that in my opinion are a little wider and offer more leg room. It may not indicate more leg room, but there is. This airline is usually dependable and I've never been delayed or stranded when flying with them in the past. Nor, have they ever presented us with any last minute or over night changes (like AA has). Finally, when it comes to beverages and snacks they have the best selection of any domestic U.S. airline (instead of always being given those ginger bread cookies, pretzels, or peanuts).

My question to you is why Phoenix to FFL with Jet Blue? Living where you do I can only assume you spend the winter months in Arizona. Based on where you live in Edam another option would be to drive to Saskatoon and fly direct to Minneapolis on West Jet or Delta (about 2-1/2 hours). You could then fly Jet Blue from Minneapolis to SXM, but unfortunately that involves two stops (so that would take a while). Hope this helps.