Hi, all. Thanks for the comments and concerns, JPH.

I've also been in touch with Mark, Patti, and several of their staff through these events. Mark and Patti are amazing folks, and their primary concern is not to make it seem Cruise Abaco is selfishly taking away from the broader recovery efforts throughout the Abacos or that they are not in a position to help their staff during this time. Again, neither of those could be further from the truth - they are in full support of the area's recovery and have the backs of all of the staff.

If it wasn't clear in my post or the campaigns (I will read them again with a new perspective), the support effort is strictly from friends of Cruise Abaco who have chartered with them and have since developed good friendships with the staff. These are supporters who either may not feel that a donation to a broader GFM campaign will have much of an impact or simply aren't emotionally connected to the folks there (to no fault of their own). Again, my efforts are to do what I can from the couch to help support a group of people that we have cared about and to motivate/influence my circle of friends and contacts who may not otherwise get up to give. In the past 24-hours, we've been able to raise $2,500 for what is intended to be personal recovery funds for that staff.

Regarding my intent to post this in TTOL, I thought my tenure with the group would also build some confidence that we would be responsible for raising funds and ensuring it gets into their hands. Some may recall that I've done this a couple of times:

2017 Gumption's Relief Fund Following Irma ($11,500 raised for him)
2018 Gumption's Fundraiser to support Anegada ($6,000+ raised for the school)

As a side note, you will find on my Abaco GFM page that Gumption also donated to the cause, which he likely would not have if I had used him to scam from the two campaigns above.

Again, this was not requested, endorsed, or managed by Cruise Abaco. Just some friends banding together to help people we know. Certainly contribute to any relief efforts that Mark and Patti recommend or that you trust. The main thing is to SHARE. There is strength in numbers, and we all have personal and professional friends that would not feel compelled to give if we didn't ask them and they had a personal connection with the cause (us). Find your campaign of choice and spread the word!

Last edited by TackingAg; 09/03/2019 03:53 PM.

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form