Excellent food, service mishaps.

Visted the new Sale e Pepe on the marina, a stunning new location overlooking the lagoon with the twinkling lights magically dancing on the bridge and mountains.
We were warmly greeting and shown to a romantic table outside.
The friendly bartender came over a took our drink odrer and returned with delicious mojitos.
Chef David visited the table and mentioned some inticing additions to the already large selection and mentioned he would prepare anything for us.
Shorthly after we were recited the same specials by the head waiter with a few of the specials missing.
The bread was delivered by a new employee who described the two compliments.
We had to ask for bread plates as our table was missing them.
Next we had to ask for water only to have flat water served instead of sparkling.
The olive oil mixture was excellent while the described tomato sauce was actually an unedible hot pepper mix. My dining companion had put a nice thick layer on her bread and had tears coming out of her eyes.
We mentioned this to the head waiter who berated the young server in the middle of the dining room.
After our order was taken the head waiter displays our whole fish selection only to say it would be more expansive than his earlier stated price.
Suck it up and own your mistake and not charge the customer more or know you pricing before telling the guests.
Our appetizers of a special made tar tar of tuna and same was nicely presented and tasted as good as it looked.
The house made buratta was rich and creamy and benefitted by a drizzle of the infused oil for the bread.
After the clearing of our first choice and empty bread basket, we were asked twice in a matter of minutes if we wanted more bread.
Our whole fish arrived and was filleted by the head table by pulling an empty table over. A gueridon or dedicated filet table would be more professional.
The fish was moist and the flavor hightened by the spoons of light red sauce with olives. It did not overpowwer the delicate fish.
I had to request the cheeks before the fish remains were taken away and then ask for a small plate for the smaller bones that remained. I will mention that the fish was filleted very nicely though.
We had requested one side of pasta and one side of vegetables, only to both be served two pastas.
Again chef David did he magic with the pasta in oil and garlic.
Maybe my biggest dismay was the auctioning off of food to a table.
With some pricing into the $30 entrees, i would expect the food runners to know who gets what.
I have confidence that the food will keep this restaurant busy and hopefully the staff will be trained to the level of the food