Oh, so you are buying a boat to put into charter and are worried about economic forecasts based on that purchase. Remember, boats don't appreciate or make money. You will lose money by buying a boat. Ah, but the purpose of buying your boat is to sail and live your dream. Boats provide a means to escape, explore and spend money on maintaining the boat smile You are committed to buying the boat so just continue to live your dream.

Originally Posted by ligot
I don't think he was trolling. As a small business owner and someone who's committed to bringing a cat into charter in 2020, I've been watching the economy closely for years. It may be new to folks but economic forecasters have predicted a slow down in 2020 for several years and a potential recession since over a year ago. So it may seem new and political but it's not.

That said, we went ahead and committed to the boat anyway based on our love for sailing, at least anecdotal evidence that the charter business is not as affected by a slow down as other businesses. The draw of BVI to sailors attracts charterers world wide so I see it as Gordaguy mentioned, a factor of our ROI. I don't see a recession as comparable to the 2008, only the depression compares.

So, we will be there come hell or high water. smile and truly hope that many others feel the same way.