Originally Posted by BaardJ
George - what specific boats (or charter companies) are you seeing with this significantly reduced water capacity? 60 gallons is ridiculously small. 185~210 gal is pretty standard for the 45-52' cats (at leaat FP, Lagoon, R&C, Voyage).

If you have freshwater flush (no smell) toilets and 8 persons onboard, you'll use 40+ gallons every 2 days just for the heads.

To practically cruise the SVI for more than a couple days with 8 on a cat and maintain the high level of comfort charter guests have become used to, you need a watermaker (regardless of tankage).

The Lagoon 450 at 92 gallons and the Voyage 480 at around 105 gallons are two that come to mind when I was looking at a purchase recently. Even the Moorings 5000 with 185 gallons I considered on the small size since it’s a seriously large 50 foot cat. I would have preferred 250 gallons. One nice thing about extra tankage is you don’t have to fill the tanks if you want to keep the weight down but you have the option if departing to a area where water is scarce. I did notice in looking at cats over 44 feet all new boats coming into the charter market have water makers. It’s the new standard as AC became in the last decade.
I have heard the next big thing coming in charter boats is a detachable submarine between the hulls. In 10 years it’s going to be standard equipment at every charter company!
G

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 11/09/2019 10:55 AM.