Originally Posted by DaveF
Did anything change? My last Charter was 2017. I am signing up for 2020 now so starting to read and re-educate myself. Normally on the water at night almost always with a nice breeze at times it can be "chilly" even in late June early July when we typical charter, at least for us, from Florida. Never would need an AC on the water at anchor or mooring. Fresh clean air is so good. Our friends are coming from China so breathing the BVI air is a vacation in itself. So only used the engine 2 to 3 hours a day for charging for the Fridge mainly.

Only place I every used AC on the water was in Belize due to the bugs near the mangroves

At best we used $100 for fuel for the week. This seems crazy compared to all the other posts.

For water I load up from Bobby's (or other) with gallon jugs and such for drinking. Then usually fill up at Leverick's and also Marina Cay, though I think that may be an issue now. This is not a large cost.

We are only 4 on the charter so maybe that has something to do with the needs. More folks equals more water and so on.

Dave

Things haven't really changed. We like open hatches and air moving but often we find crew are tied to A/C so it's a bit of a balance. More generator = more diesel. Many boats now have water makers. The responses on here are split about drinking that water but it has less to do with quality of desalination than just drinking out of the holds. We tend to buy bottled water with or without a water maker. Like you said, more people more water but a water maker is definitely nice to have.

As always .... relax and enjoy!

Dave

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]