Ok, as an update to this we did meet with the manager, Kailash, at the store earlier today. He was very nice and wanted to resolve the situation. Turns out we were in error as was the store as well. We bought a bottle of wine and knew what the price on the shelf tag indicated but it scanned well more than it should have and there was another charge on the bill we did not recognize. Turns out the wine was located in at least 3 different places in the store and each had a different price but it was due to it being put in the wrong place without the proper corresponding price tag.

The manager checked the various locations of the bottle and agreed it has been not been properly placed and would create confusion. Sadly, this happens in the states a lot as a product runs out and to fill shelf space another product is placed but not properly labeled. The extra charge was due to the bottle being bought chilled as the manager indicated there is a $1 US charge (1.80 guilder) for any alcohol bought from a cooler. No sign indicating but but now we know.

The manager said they were trying to stock heavily in anticipation of the holiday weekend and many items were not properly placed, including what we had bought. It was resolved to more than our satisfaction and we were offered more than one option of resolving it but I let Kailash make the call as to what he wanted to do. It was a very positive experience and I told him I would make it known what had happened and it was resolved.

This was not a large amount of $$ but it was the principal of the matter and I greatly appreciate his assistance along with TTOL member "bran" intervening. Thanks to Kailash and "bran" for stepping up. It all ended well and now we can drink the wine.

J.D.