Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Rosemary--how much do you want to bet that the new lower priced tier -- with less services -- is the same cost as what it was for the old lowest priced tier??? Thus, just a way to increase revenue. It's all about the bucks, for the airlines!!!

Probably. Not a bet I'd take . When they (JB) changed their structure last time I called and said I wasn't able to book one fare with bag and one without so what should i do and was told make two separate bookings. At that time I said I didn't see any good in the new tiers and was told now I could pick a tier that would lower my cost. I begged to differ saying what I'd booked in the past with just carry-on was less that the new rates. The response was "possibly, you're correct.

Now that I'm taking a flight to Europe I suddenly realize the nuances of the airlines. They charge for seats, checked bags, carry-ons, food, pillows, blankets and gosh knows what else. I hope by the time I catch the flight that they aren't charging to go to the bathroom because at my age I might have to mortgage my house to do it.