Started to reply to CaribLee but it was disjointed so started a new thread of observations and replies.

But CaribLee, you are also correct as it was Le Galleon before and for many years and I don’t know how they did it but they literally modernized the place in view of Irma in speed warp time. They come they go but the good ones remain. However, Be Kool is very good indeed but got annoyed after the second time I paid cash and told the owner that it’s not right he charges 1.18 to the Euro. Tropicana is 1.10. So on our third visit when he gave the impression that he really couldn’t care less, I paid CC and saved $5.00. It’s not the price with me but the ethics. But OMG, the eggs cocotte with Fois Gras is something very special...like having breakfast and lunch combined and if you like eggs like I do plus the FG, it’s a combination made in heaven with dunking the toast into the dish and letting it go all gooey like a 5 year old but with refined taste. And their Dover sole was huge and for $26.00 a relative bargain so perhaps I should just shut up, cough up and be Be Kool. I know this should be on various other threads but with what’s been happening and I was going to write about this on a new thread, in fact I will start one now..........I was going to do a detailed daily report, still might after I get back but what’s happened on the French side has thrown us sideways a bit as do spend far more time on the French side than the Dutch and have done for years. However what I wanted to say was it’s a great shame as I noticed new stores opening in Marigot, a new very smart or redone Hotel right in the center plus new pastry shops, one in particular that had a fantastic selection and the store owners are trying so hard and felt they were on the way to better things. Give it another full year without hurricanes or problems such as we are experiencing now and could start to get back to where they were many years ago.