Bran, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on the currency exchange issue. Any place which charges in Euros (most especially the few who do 1:1) is doing you a favor if they accept USD at all. If they aren't paying for their supplies in cash USD then you're tying up their working capital, their bank will charge them a conversion fee, and who knows what the exchange rate will be when they do the conversion. It's not their job to keep track of the current exchange rates, and if the rate which they use is fairer to them than it is to you, then so be it. If you want the current exchange rate then go to a bank (they won't talk to you if you don't have an account there), or go to a Currency Exchange (they'll charge you a premium too). I carry Euros, USD, and Plastic. I use whichever one is most advantageous to me.

If you find a place, either in the US or SXM, which will sell you Euros at the current published rate, with no additional fees, then please let me know where it is. I'll be at their door in a heartbeat.