Just a few points, although it has been a few years since the BVI's. The first time we did BVI's we made our first stop at Cooper island and had to race a power cat to the last available mooring ball. Some how we beat em! When we hooked up I noticed that the painter was frayed and only hanging on by literally a thread. We talked it over, the crew really wanted to make Cooper our first stop but I was not comfortable leaving the boat attached to a painter in that condition, so no chance we were staying unless a ball freed up. Luckily the time was around noon and the mooring field was full of either boats that had stayed the night and were leaving later for their next destination or boats that only stopped for lunch. We were then able to snatch a more securing mooring ball. The mooring field then filled up again pretty quickly and I noticed that a big catamaran took the mooring ball that we vacated.... not sure about the competency or that captain! All that to stay arriving at noon might not be to your advantage, you may have better luck arriving around 1:00 or 2:00...

Second point: if Cooper island mooring field is full, head down wind to Peter island. We stayed in Great harbor, the first night off the docks on our second trip and really enjoyed it. lots of mooring balls, you can anchor as well on the north east part of the bay if you want to practice your anchoring skills. The only disadvantage is no bar or restaurant now with Peter island resort closed... Good luck!

PS. just wanted to add we have done the Leverick to JVD sail a couple of times. Took us about 4 hours, a lot longer than it looks. The first time we stopped off of Monkey point for lunch and a snorkel. the second time we stopped at sandy spit on Little JVD... Very doable! and a nice sail on a run/ broad reach.

Last edited by UncleLuff; 01/07/2020 02:20 PM.