Right now all's quiet on French St Martin. Been to Marigot for dinner twice. Our friends staying on Dutch side near Gibbs Bay made a wrong turn and ended up at Sandy Ground. Helpful people helped them maneuver the debris to get through. Very friendly to them. Everyone we have met on French side friendly. Drivers stopping to let us out from stop signs. Gendarmes are present on the roads driving around. French local police went by us last night in Marigot while we were in bistro de la Mer. Went to Philipsburg today & met lady with face cream. She asked what do I use on my face. I said " nothing, isn't it amazing! " and we walked on. 😁
People approach on the boardwalk but no one has been aggressive at all. Two special words " no thanks" . Or we stay on the island not on a ship. Everyone we encountered was pleasant. Much different from last year. Everything better. Ate lunch at chesterfield on the water. Quite lovely.
So far no issues, weather beautiful. Got my banana vanilla rum bottle from Tropicana!