Sorry, just have to jump in here. When we started sailing in BVI there was no internet, and fewer sailors to give advice. However, there was the "Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands" by Scott. We devoured this guide, and, among other things, it was very good at naming all of the harbors to avoid when there were Northern Swells. I know a current guide has been published. Does it still include that type of info? We were novices (cc captains before the term was created) and even we could manage with the wealth of knowledge in this book.

We sold our boats (thank you Moorings for many years of sailing) and have returned only once since Irma, and even then I took an older Cruising Guide with us since many navigation aids were still missing at that time.

Isn't there someone on Travel Talk who sells this book? It is currently not available on Amazon. I highly recommend this old fashioned way of learning about new sailing grounds since apparently the newer ways are not all that effective.

Of course we also had Davey Jones on ZBVI radio who in no uncertain terms would tell you when to avoid CGB, Cooper, White Bay etc.

Sorry, to jump in but like many of you I could not believe that there were boats in CGB during this last week.