Originally Posted by NoelHall
If you plan on the skipper sleeping in a coffin berth (oops, sorry …. I mean crew berth) then he/she might have some input. I've chartered both and don't really have anything bad to say about either choice. Since your skipper will be operating the boat, I guess it comes down to comfort and accessories (and price), along with location of the charter company. For simply socializing I lean toward the Bali 4.5. The bow has a larger sitting area with tables, as well as a large drop-down window between the salon and the bow for passing snacks, drinks, as well as communication between those in the salon and those out front. The Lagoon has a couple of small windows that can be used for the same thing. The stern of the Bali has a drop-down swim platform, whereas the Lagoon does not. I found other 'creature comforts' to be similar.

Disclaimer-We'll have an L46 in the TMM fleet starting next month.

I can't speak for the Bali's or DYC but I do know the newer Lagoons have big front windows for pass through and breeze. Nice new feature. They've also added folding teak cockpit tables and a movable bench so that you can fully seat a full crew at dinner. Something we've struggled with in the past.

Good luck either way VD4144, my guess is you'll get sucked into this just like the rest of us who can't get enough of BVI sailing.

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]