Originally Posted by eightzerobits
I understand that but it is not the case with National/Alamo. The SXM business is appropriately licensed by the US business.

may not be quite the same scenario, but we rented a car from Dollar for the last couple of days of our trip in january, the reservation was made on Dollar’s official site, and when i picked up car the amount shown on rental forms was what we had reserved for....a couple days later when i dropped car off on way to airport, the rental office was a madhouse, but the agent checked the mileage, inspected the car, took my keys, and said i was good to go...a couple of days later i noticed the amount charged to my card was like $20 more than i expected

the first odd thing i noticed was when i went to my account on Dollar’s website, i couldn’t pull up a copy of my receipt...said rental could not be found...so i called Dollar’s 800 number, and was told the rental still showed as “open” in their system, and they were surprised that i had already been charged for the rental...after further looking into it, the agent realized that the SXM location was licensed to use the Dollar name, but was not officially part of their system, so she couldn’t provide me a copy of the receipt or explain why i was charged $20 more than i expected....said i had to contact SXM office directly for answers

so, just be aware that being “licensed” by the US company doesn’t always guarantee a smooth process

Last edited by IslandBoi; 02/15/2020 04:15 PM.

[Linked Image]