We just purchased an ocean front condo on the Dutch Side in 2017. Notary in town handled the transaction. The hardest part was we had this stupid idea of getting a mortgage on island! That was a fiasco but we did it with RBC! Electric runs about 125(average) a month whether I’m there or not. Water is cheap. Under 20 unless a leak!!! We have CHUBB in the states so all our contents are insured with them as a rider to our house policy. We went with them because they offer worldwide liability for the car rentals and something like skymed that is good worldwide. As far as other fees I pay 115 a month to Telem for internet and a landline (which doesn’t work) but the internet is fantastic and we stream no issues. I pay a property manager 150 a month to just over see everything and the housekeeper who keeps it tidy. She’s about 85 a month!!! As for my condo fees, it includes gas for the oven, sewage, garbage, landscaping, bug spraying, all outside maintenance, pool, security and all the other typical stuff. That adds up to 2154 a quarter. And the insurance is 2600 a year split in two payments. Not cheap. We make it down 6-7 times a year. But to just get on a plane with my purse and arrive is so worth it!!! Now. Would I do it again? not sure. It’s stressful. Irma didn’t help. We have been hit with assessments but the property is looking fantastic for a 40 year old property!! And currently we don’t rent it out when not there because that would just add more stress and so far we can pay (barely) the fees!!!!