Originally Posted by PlumeriaTattoo
Who do you recommend for renting a car on Anegada? We definitely want to do this. No mopeds for me!

Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
Originally Posted by ohstate
Thanks for the Ferry schedule to Anegada. Once we get there, taxi or rent a car? We’ve been before where everything was pre-arranged, it generally like independent travel.

I would highly recommend renting a car or mopeds and driving yourself around. The mopeds are really fun, but do be careful if you go that route as I have seen some bad accidents with them. The reason I recommend renting a car is: 1.) It is affordable and easy to do (like $65 for the day and there are a bunch of places to rent one right by the anchorage) 2.) You can't get lost. Anegada literally has one road and it is a loop. 3.) You are on your own schedule!

A couple other things to check out on Anegada if you are interested: 1.) Kelly's Boat Tours. Kelly is a local Anegada guide who does boat tours around the island. He will take you to the east end of the island for a tour of the conch pile (incredibly cool and unique), flamingo sighting and snorkeling. He often will even dive for lobster that you can then take and eat at dinner! 2.) The Francis Family Farm. Kenny Francis actually operates a horse farm on Anegada that offers Beach and Trail horseback riding around Anegada. If that is your type of thing there is few things I have enjoyed more than a sunset horseback ride on the Anegada Beach with Kenny.

Dean Wheatley = 284-544-3703 (dwjeep@hotmail.com)

Go Irish!!

Bill