To be honest...we have liked all of our cruises. We have not had a bad one and there are none we would have changed. The most exciting cruise has to be the princess med cruise we went on. The most thrilling cruise had to be the NCL Alaskan cruise we took. The Tauck river cruise was simply amazing.The itinerary is what makes the cruise special. We use a cruise as a means to get us where we want to go...it is our floating hotel. Some folks cruise and never get off of the ship. They are all about being pampered and relaxing. So I think it really depends on why you vacation in the first place. When we want to relax...we go to Jamaica and we used to go to SXM.

We loved New Zealand on this last trip. I could live there.... But we have an agenda. At the end of 2020 we will have visited all 50 states and all 7 continents. I want to visit 100 countries....we have 43. There are still many places I want to go to....

We are booked for the far east, Antarctica, the Caribbean, Jamaica, the Baltic and new England. My wish list is Northern India and Nepal, the holy lands, the British Iles and Iceland, Kenya and Tanzania...on and on. As long as our health and money holds out...we will keep traveling.

We each have our own agendas. I shop by Itinerary. I decide where i want to go next and i begin searching for the cruise or the tour company that can get me to where I want to go. To be very honest with you...Price is the last thing I look at. For one thing....you do not really know the bottom line of price until you book the trip. We never book the best room..but we do spend time in our room...so room is important. We enjoy our privacy, we like our own balcony.

My parents always said...room is not important...we are in there to sleep. One time we took a cruise together. They got the cheapest inside cabin like they always did. We got a balcony room. Guess where they hung out...our balcony. To them...the most important thing was price...so they had no idea what they were missing out on. They also never booked excursions. They always got off the ship and hailed a taxi to take them where they wanted to go. Excursions cost too much...they said. I ALWAYS book excursions through the ship in advance. Do they cost more? probably....but I know where i am going and how I am going to get there...and i know that the cruise line knows exactly where I am and will wait for me if there is a problem.

There is no right or wrong way to travel. There is the best way for you.

[Linked Image]