Delta supposedly has flights out a few more days this week, that is how I got out yesterday and friends getting out today. United did have seats for today but likely a very unfavorable touting for you. I also found continually checking online was the BEST option and availability comes and goes.

From the Daily Herald article, it appears they are now going to ban even SXM residents from returning. It also mentions non-resident entry ended at 11:59pm Tuesday. Immigration in SXM viewed it differently or the article is wrong as 3 US passengers (Delta inbound) attempted to enter SXM yesterday and were put back on the plane, delaying our departure by an hour.

DO NOT WAIT!. I was told this by SXMWendell (who went through a hurricane many years ago on the island) and did not heed his advice. I listened to the airlines and their personnel and it was a mistake. This is the call of the SXM government and likely communication with the US Airlines was not the best and the reaction by the US airlines could be better.

Good luck.

As Elaine stated, the island government (at least not to my knowledge or yet) is NOT kicking people off the island or out of the resorts. That may be a resort call but the bigger problem is WHEN can you leave.

DAILY HERALD LINK

Last edited by ruralcarrier; 03/18/2020 07:27 AM.

J.D.