Hi all,
This was our first visit back since Irma. We stay at Simpsons Beach and were so looking forward to returning to our favorite island. I think this was trip 14. Our first week 3/7-14 went fine. We returned to some of our favorite restaurants, The Palms, Dish D'Lish, Carousel,. We took a fabulous catamaran tour, Boomerang. Everything about the trip was superb. Stephan and Daniel, brothers, were the crew. Passenger size is limited to 22. There were 17 on our trip which took us to Anguilla, with stops for snorkeling and swimming. Highly recommend this trip.

We went to Phillipsburg one day. I thought it was very sad to see so many places boarded up. And the places that were open only had limited merchandise. I was hopeful that things would rebound. Then came week #2 when all heck broke loose.

First our flight home was cancelled with no notification. Non-residents asked to leave. Few flights, I know you have heard this all before. We were one of many who fought the fight with the airlines. Now we all know travel is not fun anymore. And I won't get into a battle with any one over who had the worst experience. But if JetBlue gets a bailout from the federal government after the poor service provided I might start a nation wide protest!!

I feel terrible for the people of SXM whose sole income is tourist related. After just getting over Irma and now dealing with Covid-19, they must feel defeated.

But God willing we will be back next year. What more could interrupt our trip, locust of biblical proportion??

Stay safe!!