1989 …. La Belle Creole

In 1989 my mother was working for Hilton and my sister was a FA for American Airlines. My wife and I (both in our late 20's at the time) wanted to plan a vacation that was "something new". We were on a tight budget and thought if we flew American and stayed at a Hilton we could make it work. We picked SXM even though all we knew about it was that it is an island in the Caribbean. Little did we know it would become an annual trip for (nearly) the next 30 years.

As I said, we knew nothing about the island when we first went. We always laugh when we talk about our arrival on our first trip. We landed around 10:00 at night and we took a taxi from airport to LBC. After we got through the bright lights of the Maho area it got more and more desolate. We were looking at each other wondering "what have we gotten ourselves into". When the paved road ended and turned into a dirt road we were convinced we'd never be seen or heard from again. Well, at some point the dirt road became paved again and we finally arrived at La Belle Creole. Whew!!

89 - 90 ….La Belle Creole

91 - 95 ….Club O

96 ……….No trip while Club O was being rebuilt after Hurricane Luis

97 - 17 ….Club O