Originally Posted by sail445
Very simple,In St Thomas you can replenish your water and fuel tanks by pulling into one of the marinas, everyone’s allowed to go to the supermarkets and other essential stores as often as you like.

Not in the BVI. The boats and houses have been locked down here and nobody is shopping. First round was 6 days, then 3 days of shopping, then 14 days, then another 7 days. Just this week they started allowing deliveries for food.

I think most live aboard boats have a water maker or stored enough to get by. In some anchorages, boats with water makers are sharing water with those who don't.

If you require something essential like emptying your holding tank, you simply request permission in advance. I've talked to some boaters that are doing this. I think I've seen a few days that the White Bay boat has been missing so maybe that what they were doing. Boaters are also resourceful (pee in the water, only use the tanks for #2, etc).

Before Irma, there were live aboard boats in Trellis that hadn't moved in years. Do that math....

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com