Personally I think .....and probably most of SXM it's a bit SILLY to say "if" the island will re open rather than "when" and really just counterproductive rhetoric for the Island. Just like after hurricane Irma it seems overly gloom and doom which their is already too much of and the Island really come back much quicker that some thought. Quote me on this in the fall. The island only/mainly exist for tourist and without it open their is no way for it to survive. We moved our SXM May to trip to October and the hotel already was sold out on beachfront rooms and down to just a few garden rooms. My "GUESS" is sometime early June it will slowly get open with all the safeguards and tourist flights coming in. I would love to go during the summer if possible , some airfares are really cheap for certain dates, Sure some will be very careful and not travel but enough people are getting very anxious to get back to some normal things like a vacation. You have all those reservations that got pushed back 3 , 4, 5 months , some crowded to the end of the year so I don't really think its gonna be bust. Sure the virus could come back but the world is racing for a treatment or cure that will come. Time will tell.