Originally Posted by Guineaman
We decided to have Painkillers last night while we watched Kenny Chesney talk about his new album on YouTube. I bought the Coco Lopez a week or so ago at my local Publix. I know that Coco Lopez likes to congeal, so I took it out of the pantry a couple of times during the week and shook it up. When I put it back on the shelf I laid it on it's side or turned it upside down.

So, Painkiller time comes, and I open the Coco Lopez and pour into a 2 cup Pirex measuring cup. I then whisked the h_ll out of it to make it mix together.

But when I made the drinks, the Cocoa Lopez didn't mix well, and there were LOTS of little pieces of coconut in the drinks. A bit off-putting, not like that place on JVD at all.

So what am I doing wrong. I've made bunches of PKs along the way, and I can't ever remember this happening.

Does anyone have a tip or technique that I should use to make the Coco Lopez mix well w/ the rest of the stuff.

Many thanks in advance ... and stay safe. This, too, shall pass.

I'm surprised you still had issues but the can was probably old. Sometimes, I've submerged the can in a sink of hot water for 10 minutes before shaking up really well and then opening. The chunks make me think it was drying up in the can and was just old.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com