We were booked for a Moorings charter scheduled to start 07/03. I knew for quite some time that it was unlikely to happen but went ahead and paid the balance due because we definitely wanted to go at some point. According to The Moorings notes on their website, it seemed like until you paid in full, you would be in a fight to do any rescheduling.

Fast forward to last week. By that time Moorings was canceling all charters through 07/22, so I contacted them (via online chat and email) about rescheduling for 07/02/21. They responded promptly and got us rescheduled without any hassle. Today I see they bumped their cancel all date to 06/30. We have friends on another boat scheduled to leave 07/03 but they keep holding out hope it will happen, and waiting until it is canceled to do their rebook. They too had paid their final payment 30 days ago even though it was likely the charter wouldn't happen.

Next up for us is to get on the phone with Delta to get flights rescheduled. I looked at doing it online but the 07/2021 dates aren't showing yet and I guess won't for another 90 days or so. Hopefully they can do more on the phone because I'd sure like to do it as a reschedule and not a cancel and hope the credit we get will cover the cost of the flights next year.

Last edited by louismcc; 05/19/2020 11:42 PM.

Louis from Houston