There are many posts on this. I have taken the position that I want to consider who is my counter party in these transactions. I left money as a credit for some of the island based companies (air charter etc.) for our trip that just would have ended today. If they fail then my money ends up in the BVIs and I can live up to that. I did a credit card dispute for the boat trip as I dont want to be a counter party to a private equity company where "honor" isn't a word used frequently in relationship to PE companies as witnessed by how they treated the charter employees at the start. IMHO the charter companies are desperately playing for the short term and funding guaranteed owner payments using "credits" from charters cancelled. How and when does this game end? The charters are cancelled at their end, not mine. I contracted for a specific week and like IRMA they couldn't deliver on their end..unlike Irma however, they will only give credits instead of refunds. I assume this is due to the lack of business interruption insurance for the pandemic as opposed to the hurricane....

I dont think it is unrealistic to expect some charter and other travel related companies wont survive this. See Thomas Cook by way of example which went down even before this started. For me personally I am not taking that risk here with the charter company.

By way of full disclosure I have no business interests in the BVI....for our rental property in NC if people want refunds they can have them and if they do a credit card dispute which is totally within their rights I am fine with that as well if I cant deliver on my promise for a specific week for our house