Yes, you can fly over but it tends to be pricey.

Most of the scheduled day trips include a sail up the coast of SXM with perhaps a stop for snorkeling (or not....) and then the ride across the channel to a designated hotel for lunch and some AXA beach time. One of the trips we did included the use of the resort’s pool and chaise lounges after lunch which was a nice touch. Another day sail we’ve done is to one of the AXA out islands for lunch and snorkeling.

Day tripping via the ferry usually entails renting a car or taking a taxi tour of the island with stops for a quick peek at some of the big name resorts and perhaps a drop off at Shoal Bay or one of the other beaches for lunch. We did the tour once and it was okay but subsequent trips we just asked to be dropped off at a beach of choice and picked up in time to catch our preferred ferry back. We always got the name of our driver and paid him on the return to the ferry terminal.

We stayed over a few times, usually 2-3 nights out of our total trip. It's been a while and I think the place where we stayed is no longer in business but you can find reasonable accommodations if you work at it.

Just remember, AXA is known for its beautiful beaches and its dining ops but that’s about where the similarities to SXM cease. Little to no tolerance for nude bathing and topless wasn’t welcomed when we used to go over but again, it was a while ago and things may have changed. No great nightlife that I recall beyond the hotel restaurants and bars. We always managed to enjoy ourselves and never regretted the time we spent over there.

And I almost forgot - the departure tax for stay-over guests is considerably higher than day tripping. When we went I think it was about $20.00 pp but again, that was a while ago. And of course, passports are required on both ends of the trip and copies aren’t accepted. Or weren’t........

Last edited by pat; 06/02/2020 09:07 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."