Originally Posted by CanuckTravlr
Having the "EUA" stamp may not be a problem for Canadians, but that is not the only impediment to having a test on hand before travelling to SXM!! First, at the current time in Ontario you have to have a reason for having a test done, and it doesn't include tourism. Second, many of the test facilities here, as is the case in many US states, cannot seem to turn out a test result within 72 hours, as is required by SXM. So, the problems may be different, but meeting the test requirement is still problematic.

Canuck,
not sure where you have checked testing here in Toronto but I went to the Trillium Hospital for my test (Hurontario location) and I had no problem getting tested just for the heck of being tested. I actually do not recall being asked WHY I wanted one although I had mentioned that I live with a flight attendant who does YYZ to multiple USA destinations e.g. Newark, DC Atlantic Houston. (feel free to use that if you need an excuse)

They said come back in 14 days if I wanted to get another test....I planned to go last week so I could visit my step mom who is in a long care facility in Newmarket but that place now does visits by appointment only and they are booking late Sept now.

Turnaround on the tests was next day, online by 1030AM.

Costs= my time ( I went mid day Sunday, was in and out in 15-20 mins)

After every Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63321157@N08/albums