Winterstale,

Virgin Islands Yacht Charters has formed a partnership with Dream Yacht, and from what I could tell, they are getting more supply than aniticipated. While they have their own fleet, they are also managing many Dream Yacht boats moved their from other locations (which makes sense given the USVI is the only open destination around).

They are very nice folks, but we all had an unfortunate week when we were there a couple of weeks ago. After a sleep aboard, we woke up at 6 am to a Bali, 3 boats down completely in flames. Fortunately, it was at the end of the dock and the wind was blowing off which may have saved other boats (inlcuding the one we were on). Most importantly, the family sleeping aboard made it off safely, but the boat was a total loss (sad sight).

This was Monday before Isaias and we were anticipating returning to the dock for a night mid-week. But 10 minutes into our boat briefing that AM, our briefer received a call that they were bringing all boats in for storm prep. No one could leave and best case, we get out by Friday. We changed our Delta flights to leave Tuesday evening, went to Magens Bay for the day and worked hard to consume what we could on our fully provisioned boat - left plenty for the folks at the base and our cab driver.

My wife and I plan to try it again (in the USVI) in October, and have a larger crew scheduled for BVI for Thanksgiving week (who knows). Maybe I am just trying to hard. On a side note, the flying experience (Delta from Atlanta) and the St. Thomas Airport was actually a delight, and no issues changing flights.