Lesley,

I am so very sad to learn this since it truly was one of our most favorite island restaurants, both under the ownership of the Captain and his Madame and then under Jean Pierre and Pierre. It was a fixture on Front Street for about all the years I can remember, and that's a bunch.

We suspected it wouldn't do quite as well under the new owners having met them once before the restaurant actually changed hands and then again, after dining there one evening under the new owners and after the change happened. I had heard somewhere they had taken to closing at night and were depending on the lunch hour, catering more to the cruise ships which we suspected might be a mistake. The restaurant business is not an easy one to be in, demanding so very much of the owners in both time and personal commitment and we suspected, having met them those few times, the latest owners really didn't know what they were getting themselves into.

I am saddened to hear all this but my next question is how is Jean Pierre doing with his sandwich shop on Old Street, if you know? The French Touch or a Touch of France - something similar to that? We have had lunch there a few times since he opened it and each time lunch was lovely and we wish him only good things but with the lack of cruise passengers coupled with all the side effects of coronoavirus on all the small business owners, we think of him often with concern, much as we do with our favorite car rental agency. smile smile

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."